Friday, March 19, 2010

Rippinest Town Pt III


Well after 2:00 AM and I’ve had thirteen shots of espresso today and still annoyed myself by hearing some grown man at the coffee place say “expresso”. Really people, how hard is that word to say? There isn’t even a letter that looks like an “x” in it. Drives me up the fucking wall. Worse than “supposebly”.

Have spent every extra minute here writing for what reason? I have no idea. This evening had a nice dinner with my two friends who weren’t born in the United States (Matt and Crystal), which I thought of briefly while we were hanging out. Not that exciting of a fact about them though really, but anyway, we had a great time and went back to their apartment and talked about music and politics and travel and drank espresso based drinks and now here I am, seven hours away from the reason I came out here for this trip. I think I lied to most people I know and said I had some “family thing”. Heh. Anyway, yeah so that is tomorrow morning and then the rest of the weekend who knows. This trip is kind of worth it in a way. Even though I am coming back in a week it kind of gave me that one last chance to say “yeah I think I’m going to stay in California”. I already knew the second I decided to move back here that staying in California wasn’t an option no matter what happened. This is where I want to be which is all that matters. People out here and out there and what they think, well it has no bearing on anything I will ever do again.



I am writing way too much online lately. Oof (?).

I am going to document my trip across the country again like I did here before The original idea for this blog was mostly to write when I went on road trips or any kind of vacation which I tend to do quite a bit. I get a little obsessive and want to track everything like when I moved out there last August and I listed every single song I listened to on the way out to California which I gathered from an Excel sheet. I dumped playlists in it every night from the iPod. If I happened to listen to an actual CD I would write that down and add it in myself. I originally planned (there is definitely someone or something stirring outside this house up and around the windows. The two windows in this tiny bedroom look out into complete pitch black. I am a 40 year old guy that people tend to say looks “mean” or whatever and you could not pay me any amount of money to open the curtains right now and look out there. If I did that whatever/whoever it is would surely jump up and start banging on the window or break through it and grab me to pull me outside to meet my fate...perhaps the real reason I came out here for this trip [!]) to also put music in this file that I heard in gas stations and restaurants, hotel lobbies and department stores but decided against it at the last minute. This time around (whatever it is out there is sounds like something keeps sighing and clicking some weird like old crackity tape machine thing, and then when I go to look around the room I see these old dolls and crucifix on the wall and man I just don’t want to be in this room) though I have come up with some easier ideas. I am going to do some video stuff, maybe with me talking I have no idea I hate what I look like and sound like so who knows if I will do that. I also have ideas for writing exercises. Well, I have a list of “rules” I made for driving across the country at one point. So maybe doing one each of those and talking about it might at least give me some sort of focus rather than writing this (yeah okay I get it you’re out there) and that about how lonely I am and boo hoo my life is no fun. I have some “games” to keep myself entertained....maybe something like “Let’s wear this Eyehategod shirt in Texas and see what happens”, etc.

Speaking of keeping myself entertained and generally being kind of a jerk. A week or so ago. Fuck I hate bad drivers and I am not going to blame it on LA or Boston as they are everywhere. It’s a cliche, I”m probably a bad driver to someone else, who cares though? So I am in this parking lot where my mail box is and I am pulling out and this guy in a LIncoln Town Car just breezes through the stop sign like he never even considered stopping an option. Of course I did that thing where I jumped out a little like I was going to just go and he had to swerve out of the way. I didn’t really have anything else to do for the rest of the day so I decided I would follow the guy and just “keep it real” as I like to call it. He eventually pulled into a parking space and I pulled a U-Turn. I then slowly at drive-by-shooting speed I drove past his car and held my phone out the passenger side window and “took a picture” of his car and license plate. He has just gotten out of the car and then noticed me, I then pointed the camera at him and “took his picture” and the guy stood there with his mouth kind of agape. He was maybe in his late 60’s, white shorts, moustache, typical asshole. I then sped off and saw he was just standing there the whole time as I pulled away. I then got nervous he was going to call the police and thought they would confiscate my phone and see that I did not take a picture of this poor fuck who doesn’t understand stop signs, but really I wonder what could have happened? Wow how weak of a person am I for kind of harassing some guy to feel better about myself. Actually I did it because that guy was shit.

No comments: