Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 62

Weird, I was wondering when I would get myself involved in a shitty mood on this trip, and hey here we are. Today was one of those ten hour driving days. I drove 568 miles. The original plan was to stay at my ex-girlfriend, and current good friend Jodie’s place in Oklahoma City. I was pretty excited to spend some time with the cat that I spent years with, in lots of older pics here...Raoul. I got here no problem, well aside from the endless drive...We went right out to eat at some cool taco place that was packed. Her boyfriend called and basically that was the end of us hanging out. Long story short here I am at a sketchy motel, in my second room. I felt like I could have kept driving another few hours after that happened; mainly because I was pissed I drove that whole distance only to get sidelined by foolishness and jealousy, etc. Whatever. Tomorrow I will keep driving and moving east, so who cares in the long run? I know we’ll still remain good friends long after this fool moves on anyway.


The drive today was long and seemed to never end, but I think the worst stretch may be done. I am trying to get in the space I was in the first two days before this shit happened tonight as it was making it easier to move ahead. I don’t want any kind of distractions by people I don’t know. Or from people I know.

Otherwise, the trip has been great. Yesterday was kind of a good and bad day. Good as I got to see that giant Meteor Crater outside of Flagstaff. It was truly huge and to think that something that big hit the earth is pretty intense. Why do I feel like I wrote that somewhere else? The rest of the drive involved an hour and half traffic jam that was a result of some rocks falling in the road. I spent a good chunk of the traffic on the phone with G to the point that when I got to the part of the traffic jam where I drove by the AWESOME PILE OF ROCKS THAT FELL IN THE ROAD I did not take any pictures of it like I should have! After all that time in a traffic jam in which we talked about how intense it would have been if when you got to the “Ground Zero” of the traffic jam there were just hundreds of dead horses or coyotes in the road that all ran in the road at once.

Anyway, no energy to write or deal with pictures or be funny right now. Should sleep, so that's what we'll do.

No comments: