Thursday, March 18, 2010

Rippinest Town Pt II







These Massachusetts fucks out here. Well, not fucks, but I did notice something here which I guess I never picked up on, or maybe I did and that’s why I am moving back. Yeah that makes it sound more interesting. Driving through Salem and Lynn and that kind of area you see people who are trying to cross the street at 11:02 AM and making eye contact with you like they want something from you, and then if you’re walking out and about they are there, arms reaching out at you. The scary guys I’m talking about. You see them all around Lynn or Salem, you see in their eyes that they are really crazy. You see in their eyes if they are truly evil bad people. In California I never felt this. it is a cliche to talk about things being fake etc there which isn’t always the truth. I didn’t hang around places where “fake” people were. But...I never really felt like someone was really fucking crazy, where you have that fear inside you that shoots through you when you make eye contact with one of these people. Out here every once in a while you see one of these people and they scare you. At least me, although I’m kind of a pussy. But, this “real” thing I think...makes me feel more comfortable here. Maybe I thought of some people and situations as “fake” because there are so many actors around trying to be someone else for a day.

Have no idea what I’m talking about really. Wow. Speaking of that though, another difference I have been feeling. So last week I went up to what they call “The Central Coast” of California for a brief trip. The drive up there is breathtaking, not as breathtaking as it gets once you are immediately north of where we were (Grover Beach, San Luis Obispo, etc). Once you hit Big Sur and the cliffs up there on the Pacific Coast Highway all bets are off for where the best place to be at that very moment is. I wish I could have made it up there but it wasn’t in the program money wise or “emotionally-wise”. That whole area of the state from here on out is going to hold this bittersweet memory with me forever. That drive up the coast though from Malibu north is really nice, the mountains on your right of all different colors, green, yellow, brown, etc. If you have the luck of having a crystal clear day it is the best place you could possibly be. So I made sure to drive slow and take it in while I took the ride there and the more somber drive home. Taking pictures anywhere on that road is great but really there isn’t anything like taking the drive and seeing it with your eyes and ears and nose and mouth. Driving on that one day and then driving along the Atlantic Ocean last night and listening to music in the car the ocean felt like a different ocean all together. You notice a difference, but for whatever reason, last night it felt way different. Maybe because I know this coast like the back of my hand, and I love it but it doesn’t have the same feeling as that California one. That one feels real or something.

The other thing different here is how I feel. I’m not going to get into too much heavy personal shit on a public blog like this, but actually forget it.

I feel like my head is racing here in Massachusetts and I'm not making much sense. This trip feels like a blurry little piece of 2010 I will probably soon forget happened.

This place I am staying. It’s definitely haunted. I don’t really believe in shit getting haunted or anything like that but man this place is something creepy. Hearing things out in the rest of the house. When you turn the lights off in this room it’s pitch black. Not a sliver of light makes it through the relatively thin curtains. Here is what the room I’m staying in looks like.





and then there's this thing that stares down at me while I sleep. Please kill me now.

No comments: