Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Briefly

Got off to a way later start than I had planned (10:45 PM - was aiming for 8:00 PM, ouch!). The car is more full than I had planned on having it, but it feels good to have as much shit with me as I could grab. The first few miles the car was tough to handle. I could feel the weight in it. It felt like it was veering to one side, but realized it was just paranoia. One thing I did discover was Cruise Control. I never use Cruise Control and I think I may become a friend of it on this trip. Does Cruise Control need to be capitalized? Well, on this trip it obviously does.

I was under the impression that I needed to leave in the evening for this trip for an unknown reason. "Because I did it before" was the most often given reason . Five minutes into the drive I forgot that in the last few years I've grown to not like driving at night on the highway. Perhaps it's the area of the country I am but people are all up in your shit with bright headlights and tailgating you in the right lane (this happened tonight. Was doing 62 mph in the RIGHT LANE. Not a soul in the middle lane and this guy decides I am going too slow in 'THE FUCKING SLOW POKE LANE". A number of "right lane closed" experiences later and I finally stopped an all too short 200 miles at a place called "Amsterdam, New York". I am of course doing my best impression of a person in Amsterdam I can. I was going to attempt to see a Cleveland Indians game tomorrow night, but seeing as I am behind schedule time and miles wise I may not make it which would suck. Seven hours from where I am. Check out time is 11:00 AM. It's currently 4:45 AM. I think I can. Fuck sleep.

A good last few days spent with everyone I would want to spend time with and then some. I hugged so many people it felt like it did that time Jerry Garcia died.

Will have more to say when there are more things to say.

1 comment:

jpm said...

Thumbs up.