Wednesday, March 16, 2011

She'll Laugh




It’s perfectly okay to forget about places and people and things you did
I could worry myself to sleep like the best of them
Nowadays I just fall asleep empty with not a care in the world
No wondering if I pissed one or five people off
No wondering when I might get the courage up to leave everything and everyone alone
I really want to do it all again, try it again
Sooner than I think I will
This place
This area of the country
This state
This life right now
There are no rewards
There is contentment
I never “can’t wait to get up tomorrow” anymore
Like a machine here though
I do it every day
Everything I thought was back here isn’t here at all
Everything and everyone is the same
Cold, selfish, uninterested in anything I am interested in
It’s like everything here moved ahead (backwards?) while I was gone
I have no desire to catch up really
This New England place, it’s incorrect
I have nothing in common with it
Lying and saying “I’m a New England person” sounds good
Looks okay on paper I guess
When I think of steel, sunlight and blank skies though
I feel like myself all over again
I guess you can be wrong a few times in a row before you get it right

-------------------
She comes to me every few weeks - I remember how in love with her I can get - I remember how in love with her deep eyes I can be - Her laugh and hands and smile - I can never have that ever really - every few weeks though I return



No comments: