Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The History of Drugs Pt IV




This one time I got too high and came home. I guess I was like seventeen years old. Actually, that story is boring.

So I guess I was about thirteen years old when I became a full on denim clad member of the burnout army in my little seaside town north of Boston. When we first moved to the town I would go out at night and ride around on my skateboard looking for something to do. I noticed some similar looking kids hanging around the train station and quickly made friends. That summer I...actually, another story.

The first time I pulled into the driveway of Harry’s ranch house in

Sheila had urine yellow teeth that showed every time I told her a homophobic joke...

eh - can’t keep my head in one area right now, bear with this



Here is kind of a creepy story, or “thing”. So I mentioned recently in here how my grandfather hanged himself in the woods near my house. This neighborhood we live in, a small dead end. The neighbors all know each other. There are two particular houses with people who give my mom shit about the yard, and how we should paint the house, do this with the hedges, etc. I have not seen any of these people face to face since I came here but suffice to say if anyone ever asks me to do anything to the house or says anything even remotely annoying to me I will get upset and get the sword out. We live in the last house on the left (Oh!). At the beginning of the street, last Christmas a father hanged himself in the house and the family never found out why. No note or anything. This is similar to what happened with my grandfather as we never found out what that was about.


I’ve mentioned before I don’t believe in any kind of ghosts or monsters or higher powers, etc. After hearing this story about this guy though I thought about how maybe there is some secret demon power on or street that makes people hang themselves! Who will be the victim of this entity next?! I have decided to try and get to the bottom of it so I am going to start interviewing people on the street asking them questions like “have you ever seen any weird shape shifting beings in your yard like I have?” “do you hear voices in your head like I do?”, “do you sleep with a sword next to you ‘just in case’ like I do?”, etc. I will report back here what I find out.



This guy in here right now, always in here. It appears he has frosted his hair and judging by the looks of him and the fact that he once had a 311 shirt on it’s probably not the first time his hair has been frosted if you catch my drift.



Every morning when I wake up

A head full of two week old caffeine stains

Pain in every other muscle but the good ones

Exhaustion in my brain

Whenever it all ends and becomes bright green grass

Sunny afternoons

Rolling hills

Bright blue oceans I would never step foot in anyway

I’ll take it all in at once

Pull over to the side of the road and thank myself

Putting up with myself like this for so long is hard to take

Well traveled is only good when the stories you tell make someone laugh


No comments: