Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mississippi



I thought I wouldn’t come back here for a few, and my head has been elsewhere for weeks now. Now that I kind of have a few minutes to breathe, where was I?

We have this awful fucking weather here that I kind of forgot about. Mounds and mounds of snow everywhere just make it look depressing, and then again people walk around still complaining about it as it happens. My main problem with it is it’s made me miss some days of work; that and just the piles of it everywhere makes life ugly for some reason. Reconnecting with a friend from my past has been very nice even if the timing of it has been horrible and awful. It’s been a nice few weeks anyway. Work has been good, and I was offered a new position already. I will be traveling around the US, and it’s not sales. I am beyond excited for this since I really have nothing here happening. I am trying to get a band together here with some friends, and that is the only thing I really would have here that I would want to be around for. I hate sitting still. I feel like everyone and everything around me is sitting still at all times. On a shittier note my last remaining grandparent (grandmother on my mom’s side) died last week. It wasn’t out of the blue, but of course that’s never a good time.

Days go by here like pages in teenage diaries
I try and keep tabs on everything and everywhere I go
I feel like I never need a reason to do anything now
Don’t give me one
I don’t need to tell anyone anything now
In my past, weak people I never met
Thousands of miles away making enemies of rednecks and dykes at the same time
Morally bankrupt couples trying to play it off like everything is okay
I see it in every woman’s eye
The desire to fuck someone new
In every man’s eye
The desire to fuck someone else sometime soon
Tell yourself you’re happy with the word forever
Go ahead

No comments: